VACANCY: ACE Development Officer | Sheffield
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Job title: ACE Development Officer
Full Time, 2 year contract
Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF) is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
YCF, in partnership with the ACE Programme Charity are seeking to recruit a new role of a ‘ACE Development Officer,’ for Sheffield.
About the role
The aim of this role the programme is to engage with young people from African and Caribbean Heritage and provide new experiences which develop young people’s personal skills, qualifications, social skills and confidence, whilst generating more role models within the cricketing family. We have an exciting opportunity for an ACE Development Officer to join our team.
Reporting to the Participation Manager your key focus will be:
• To increase the participation of grassroot cricket predominantly within the black British communities by supporting and improving the experience of everyone involved whether they play, attend or follow the game.
• To sustain and develop two, sustainable community cricket hubs across Yorkshire that operate all year round, offering participation and progression pathways for 10 – 14 year olds.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills;
• ECB UKCC Level 2 or equivalent cricket coaching qualification
• Previous experience of working on a professional development programme or in a similar environment in order to provide an appropriate service and support to all stakeholders;
• Experience in delivering safe, structured, and enjoyable cricket coaching or similar coaching in schools, clubs or local communities;
• An understanding and experience of delivering projects within an equity, diversity and inclusion framework;
• An experience of working with diverse communities, women and girls, people with a range of disabilities and those from a low socio-economic background
• Ability to use their initiative and high levels of problem-solving skills to achieve goals and key objectives to deliver during certain timeframes and against KPI’s;
Please click the link below where you will find the full job description and recruiting criteria.
You should submit your application including CV and a covering letter setting out what makes you a great candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday, 5th September, 2022 at 12pm, and interviews are likely to be held on Monday 19th September in Sheffield.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds as part of the YCF’s commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in helping us deliver our key objectives in the development of contributing to the success of the Foundation.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com